Thursday, December 24, 2015

Reflecting On My 2015 Goals: How Did I Do?

Happy-New-Year-Clip-Art-Free

This time last year I wrote about 5 goals I had for 2015. Here's my reflection of the year and these goals.

First of all, this year went by incredibly fast! Faster than any year I can think of. It was certainly a year of change and growth for me, which has been both difficult and rewarding. But without further ado...


1. Take better care of myself. I feel I did a decent job with this goal. While the exercise goal came and went throughout the year, I definitely made more of an effort this year and was more aware of what my body was telling me. I also switched up my skin and hair care products for natural ones and I have seen great improvements in both! 

2. Strengthen my walk with Jesus. I ended up strengthening my relationship with God in a different way than I expected. I anticipated being more committed to the things that keep me connected to God, like reading my Bible everyday, which I did do well with. However, my relationship with God changed completely. I was brought into a deeper understanding of who God is and around my 2 year anniversary of being a committed Christian, I realized that I had matured in my faith to a point where God was calling me to new things. This set off a string of deep internal reflection, one that sparked my "A New Purpose" post, and made me view things in a new light. It was difficult and I came to terms with a lot, but I am stronger and more mature because of it. 

3. Take more risks. So many wonderful things happened this year that I can confidently say I accomplished this goal! From deciding to go on a Christian mission trip over Spring Break one month before it was set to leave and watching the support fall into place when there was no way it should have to sharing my testimony in front of hundreds of students at Cru Boston's Fall Retreat two years after I had accepted Christ there, I have found a joy in taking risks that glorify God. 

4. Experience more of the world around me. I also think I did well with this one. I said a lot more "Yes!" than "No." to invitations and for once I didn't feel like I was caught in a "Babson Bubble." 

5. Discover more about myself. I absolutely discovered more about myself, though it doesn't always come easy. I expect this to never stop and look forward to every opportunity to grow myself!

One thing I will disagree with was that 2015 was "my year." This was absolutely my year for change, maturity and growth. However, I don't think this was my year in terms of big events that occurred. Perhaps 2016 will be? I'll be studying abroad for the first half of the year and I am so excited for the adventures and experiences it will bring (stay tuned for that adventure!) I'm also turning 21, which is already appearing to mean a more "adultish" life. So, let's see what 2016 has in store for me!

With love,
Emilie

No comments :

Post a Comment