Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy Birthday!

Today is my twentieth birthday...YAY! What better day to start my blog than today. Although my birthday is January 1st, I always feel like it begins the night before on New Year's Eve as everyone prepares to ring in the New Year. This year I planned a low-key night with my family. 

The evening started with a nice dinner out at a local restaurant called The River Cafe. It was simple and rustic with portions that would fill up a truck driver! 
My lobster alfredo!
After dinner, we headed back home to watch the ball drop from our pajama-clad positions on the couch. After being serenaded by performers and the banter of TV personalities, we "Cheers!"ed the New Year with sparkling grape juice! 
Now today is my actual birthday! I'm keeping the celebration going with the typical fare of cake, ice cream, and gifts.
We had pizza for dinner.
I was dubbed the "slice" of the party!
Followed by red velvet cake, my favorite!

It's hard to believe I have been alive for twenty years. I look back on the past two decades and see how much I have grown, accomplished, experienced, and discovered. The past twenty years have been filled with the trials and tribulations of growing up, but also with the joys and blessings of being young. I wouldn't change a thing about my life thus far. However, I feel my twenties will hold some of the greatest moments of my life. I can only imagine the amazing (and not-so-amazing) twists and turns that lie ahead. I'm ready and excited and nervous for my future, because with the strength of my family, friends and God supporting me, I know my life will be amazing. 


Thank you for reading! 


With love, 
Emilie 




No comments :

Post a Comment