Monday, June 15, 2015

Old Virginia: Part 3

Over the course of the weekend we partook in the fun of the convention and did a little exploring of Lynchburg, including a fun late-night trip to Walmart! One of the highlights of the trip was the dinner on the first night where everyone was encouraged to dress up in period-style clothing. My sister and I thought ahead and hit up The Salvation Army where we found these gems...

Please excuse the horrible hotel lighting.
The dinner was served family-style with a celebrity guest stationed at each table. We sat with David Harper who played Jim Bob Walton. What a great guy!
After dinner, everyone was able to mingle and take pictures with the rest of the Walton cast.
Kami Cotler who played Elizabeth
Eric Scott who played Ben
Judy Norton who played Mary Ellen 
Mary McDonough who played Erin
A celebrity in her own class. This is Carolyn, the best friend of Michael Learned, who played mom Olivia. Though Michael wasn't able to attend, Carolyn informed us that she has been with the cast from the beginning and is part of the family, so she wouldn't miss a reunion! 


The entire cast was absolutely lovely! Each one was so friendly and down-to-earth, standing for gosh knows how long so everyone could not only take a picture, but talk to them as if they were old friends. Though I did miss Richard Thomas who played John Boy, Ronnie Claire Edwards who played Corabeth Godsey, Jon Walmsley who played Jason, Michael Learned and Earl Hamner himself. Perhaps I'll meet them at a future convention.

I didn't end up taking any more pictures for I was far too wrapped up in the fun! The rest of the convention was awesome and I would do it all again. I highly recommend it for any other Walton fan. 

My family and I ended our weekend near Roanoke with a visit to one of my Mom's best friends...then it was back to the Richmond airport!
My favorite picture from the trip...a view of the mountain in Schuyler. 
With love,
Emilie

No comments :

Post a Comment