Thursday, June 18, 2015

Spring Break

I was lucky enough to spend spring break in Florida at a Christian conference for college students called Big Break. I hadn't been to Florida in so long and I was dying to leave the snow of the Northeast, so I packed my bag and headed down south.

After a 3 hour plane ride to Atlanta and a 6 hour car ride, I found myself in Panama City Beach. We stayed at the resort that hosted the conference, which was more beautiful than I had expected.
I spent my mornings eating breakfast on the balcony of our villa room, enjoying the views. I was particularly excited when I discovered that the pond had turtles, my favorite animal! 
Our villa had its own heated pool, which I may have enjoyed a little too much.
There were ponds with lily pads around every corner.
Along with gorgeous fountains.

But let's not forget one of the best parts about Florida...the beaches!
Wearing- Flannel: American Eagle // Tank Top: Arizona Jean Co. // Shorts: American Eagle // L.L. Bean Flip Flops // Boston Red Sox Hat
The sand was wonderfully soft and white, with the perfect type of heat that would bring a smile to the face of any winter grump. 

Besides enjoying the beach and doing things related to the conference, the group I was with had a lot of fun! 
 Some of the girls went to a salon for manicures and pedicures.
 We went roller skating.
And were visited by a cute little frog.

But out of all the fun and amazing experiences I had, the sunsets were my favorite.
Few things beat a Florida sunset!

That last picture was taken at dinner on our last night. The next day we drove for most of the day and took an evening flight back to reality and the cold. But I feel blessed for the time I got to spend on break, the new friends I made and the memories I will have forever. 

With love,
Emilie

No comments :

Post a Comment